JINR Network infrastructure
Network infrastructure of JINR is a sophisticated aggregation of the optic and copper wiring structures, multifunctional hardware devices and software products united into the unified logical structure. These structures are designed to ensure the functioning of the entire IT infrastructure of the Institute, to provide the entire set of network services for JINR users
Main objectives of JINR networking service are:
- Support of access to JINR multi-functional information computer center (MICC);
- Maintenance the common information space for the crucial IT resources in JINR: computing, information service and data storage;
- Maintenance of a common information space for the JINR employees, providing the ability to communicate between divisions of the Institute;
- Support of access to the JINR GRID segment as a significant part of the distributed Russian GRID structure;
- Support of network access for the users of the Institute both to the central resource pool in LIT and to the resource pools of individual laboratories (departments);
- Providing of a high-speed access to Internet resources and the countries of the JINR Member States;
- Support of the common network services, such as authorization and authentication, e-mail, DNS, proxy-service , a database of network elements IPDB, NMIS-monitoring system of active network elements of the infrastructure status.
The network infrastructure of JINR includes the following components:
- The external optical telecommunication data transmission channel JINR-Moscow;
- The fiber-optical backbone of the JINR local computer network;
- The local computer networks of the Institute's divisions.
The JINR network has direct connections with a number of scientific, educational and public networks at speed:
- with GEANT network - 10 Gbps;
- with RBnet network - 10 Gbps;
- with networks of Moscow and St. Petersburg - 10 Gbps;
- with Internet - 10 Mbps.
The interworking with the city networks is organized on the basis of the traffic exchange node DBN-IX. The Institute's local network has direct connections at speeds of:
- with the Net by Net network (former LAN-Polis) - 100 Mbps;
- with network Contact - 1 Gbps;
- with Telecom-IPC network - 1 Gbps.